Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Year, new series.

So, happy new year to you all, sorry for my absence, however, I helped run a charity event, moved house and have been without the internet for quite some time. During this time I found it hard to sit down and focus, made even harder by the fact that I got sick and wasn't sleeping right, on a home brew cocktail of cough mixture, pain killers and coffee.

In short I wasn't quite... Thinking clearly.

I had the beginnings of an idea, one that I couldn't get out of my head and it's kinda crazy, it scares me. A lot, I wrote it down, and wanted to throw it away and I heard one of the pastors at my church say "If it scares the pants off you, then it's God" so I will have to publish that post at some point, but not yet, as I thought deeper on the subject someone said in passing John 3:30 "He must become greater; I must become less" and it really resonated with what I was trying desperately to get at.

As I thought about this and the other things that plagued me I realised I had a much bigger idea on my hands, one that will make me sound like I've gone insane, I haven't, but, I feel that I simply have to write it down as it is and hope that it is of some use to others.

In fact, there's a lot I have to write up, not just in relation to this series (which I will be titling 'The Prison In My Mind') but there's a subject comprised of two elements I feel I need to write up "Actions" and "Words" respectively.

So, all in all, although I've been absent for the best part of a month, I'm back and I have specific things I want to approach this year and I just hope that you find at least something in the words that I write.

So with all that said, I embark upon attempting the first of 'The Prison In My Mind', next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment